In 2011, more than 140 pieces from the collection of Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller were compiled to form a one of a kind traveling exhibition that features full suits of sammurai armor, helmets, masks, weapons, and horse tack. These incredible artifacts trace the evolution of the appearance and functionality that characterized Japanese warriors in the battlefield.
The Ann & Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum: The Samurai Collection, located in the HARWOOD District of Dallas, TX is proud to be the permanent home for a collection that has been seen by more than 1.3 million visitors worldwide and continues to cultivate interest among art connoisseurs and design enthusiasts..
Stay tuned for the announcement of our next major city destination!
as seen at museums and events around the world:
THE BARBIER-MUELLER COLLECTIONS: 110 YEARS OF PASSION
LA BIENNALE pARIS (2017)
- La Biennale Paris: An Exhibition in Homage
- Financial Times: Barbier-Mueller Collection at Biennale Paris
- Sothebys: Barbier-Mueller Collection and More at La Biennale
- NY Times: Out With the Old, and in with La Biennale Paris
- Blouin Art Info: 110 Years of Passion: The Barbier-Mueller Exhibition
- Christie's: Celebrating 40 Years. of One of the World's Pre-Eminent Collections of Tribal Art
- Green Hotels Paris: The Biennale Paris Pays Tribute to the Collector Jean-Paul Barbier-Mueller
- Vogue: September's Must-See Exhibition - The Biennale des Antiquaries in Paris
- Niana.co: Gala Dinner, La Biennale Paris